Tag: online marketing;
There was a time, not all that long ago, when people didn’t use the internet for marketing purposes; instead, they relied on traditional advertising media such as direct mail, radio, television, billboards, magazines and newspapers. While computers have changed the marketing world, one thing that hasn’t changed is the need for strategic marketing planning.
Some beginning marketers make the mistake of thinking that the use of free advertising negates the need for a marketing plan. To be blunt, this is wrong! There may be very little up-front monetary expense associated with some types of internet advertising, but not having a plan can end up costing you more money than you save. Without a plan you are putting your business at risk and may be setting it up for failure.
If you don’t have a plan, then you don’t have any way of knowing how well you’re doing. Of course you can still achieve some success without a plan, but relying on sheer, dumb luck is a lousy way to do business, and it’s never sustainable. Just as a better map helps you to reach your destination, so too will a better plan help you to reach your business goals.
A strategic marketing plan should cover all aspects of your marketing strategy, and should also show how each piece relates to one another. Some of the things you need to consider are who your market is, how you will get people to your location, online and offline marketing efforts, what methods of advertising you will use, what your overall marketing message is, how you will deal with the press, how much your budget is, what your goals are, what will be measured, and what will happen as you achieve your goals. All of those things are just the start, but they give you some idea of what goes into making a good marketing plan.
As you can see, a strategic marketing plan can be quite involved, but don’t let that scare you away from crafting a plan of your own. A marketing plan is there to help you get the most out of your business, so it’s okay to change it if you have to. You should do your best to create a good plan when starting out, but there will often be unforeseen circumstances that will cause you to rethink certain portions of your plan. Changes shouldn’t be made lightly, but remember that the plan is there to serve you, not the other way around.
If you have difficulty putting a plan together then you can hire the services of a planner to help you create a plan that is customized to your needs. A professional planner may not be cheap, but they will be able to offer insights that you may otherwise overlook.
Whichever way you choose to go about it, strategic marketing planning will help you to be as successful as possible. Remember, you are in business and you need to take that seriously. Creating a plan takes time, but it will save time in the long run, and will also increase your profits.
Marketing is really the lifeblood of any successful business. Without it, there are no customers; with no customers, there are no profits; with no profits, the business fails. The good news is that there are many methods of online marketing promotion that can fit into any budget. However, your initial budget isn’t the only factor, as you should also consider the return on your marketing investment.
1. Article marketing. People go online for a number of reasons, but one of the most common is to search for information. You are seeing how powerful this search for information is right now, because there’s a good chance you are reading this article because you want to know more about online marketing promotion.
One of the benefits of article marketing is that it helps establish you as an expert in the minds of your prospects. However, that is only one aspect of article marketing. The other purpose of using articles is to get links back to your website. Articles are usually rich in keywords, and that can give you a big boost as far as search engine optimization goes.
2. Search engine optimization (SEO). When people look for information, they are likely to go to a search engine to locate what they are looking for. Human behavior means that they will also click the most on the links that appear closest to the top of the first page of the search engine results. There are several things that you can do to help how high your site ranks.
There is on-site and off-site SEO. On-site search engine optimization covers all of the things that you actually do on your site. You can use heading tags, use the right keywords, emphasizing text, and how you do your internal linking are just a few of the things you can do. Off-site search engine optimization are the things you do on other sites, or that others do for you. As mentioned earlier, articles marketing is one that this is done, but it’s not the only way; getting high-quality links back to your site is important too. If you have time, you can set up a network of sites that all feed on each other and have the purpose of pointing to your main site that you are trying to rank for.
3. Pay-per-click (PPC). This method can be a bit risky, but very rewarding when you do it right. The way it basically works is that you create a small (usually) ad that will be displayed across a network of sites, and you only pay when somebody clicks on your link. Creating an ad that leads to sales is the key to making it work.
These are only a few of the more common methods of online marketing promotion. You can use any of them that you wish, but it’s also a good idea to add more methods to get the most out of your marketing campaigns.
Having a website is meaningless if nobody visits it. That statement is true whether you’re a single person with a blog or a large corporation that has a massive network of websites. Online marketing promotion is how you get your site seen. There are some basic principles that every website owner can use when marketing their site.
1. It’s up to you. You are ultimately responsible for all of the marketing that you do. Even if you hire someone to do it for you, you still have to be aware of what’s going on and give your approval for any marketing that’s being done. If your marketing isn’t getting the results you’re after, then you need to take charge and turn things around. In the other hand, if you are experiencing success, then you can take credit for it. Either way, it’s all up to you.
2. Know your target market. Online marketing promotion can be summed up as selling your products or services to the people who want them. That leads to the question of who wants to buy what you’re offering. The only way to find the answer is to do market research. Who are they? What are their problems? Income? Beliefs? Hobbies? Do they have kids? What do they do for fun? What is their education level? The more you know about your market–about who your ideal customer is–the better you can craft your marketing message to resonate with them.
3. Speak to your market in their language. Once you have a good idea of who your market is, you can start marketing to them. Building rapport is one of the ways you can make a connection with your customers, and you can do that by speaking their language. Use the terms they use, and talk like they talk. However, be careful that you don’t overdo it, otherwise you will come across as being phony and that will only end up being counterproductive.
4. Everything counts. A lot of people, especially those new to business, make the mistake of thinking only certain things they do online count as “marketing. The truth is that everything you do online, and that can be tracked back to your business, counts as marketing; good or bad. Also keep in mind that it’s pretty easy for people to look into your business and find out who runs it. So, every forum post you make, every comment you leave on a blog, every e-mail, every Tweet, every Facebook post, and so on, all paint a picture of you and your business. Think about how any message you write will reflect on your business.
Online marketing promotion takes time to get the hang of, but you can get off to a great start by keeping the above tips in mind. However, none of the tips above will matter unless you take action and follow through on them. When you do, you will see what a positive difference it makes when you stick to a few basic, and proven marketing principles.
Local Company Internet Marketing-Important No Matter How Big Or Small
Any company that exists solely online already understands the importance of internet marketing; however, it can sometimes be difficult for local company internet marketing to be seen as necessary. We will take a look at why this difficulty exists, how to get past it, and why internet marketing is so vital to the success of all business, no matter how big or how small.
The owner of a small business, especially in a small town, may believe that they don’t need to do any internet marketing. Perhaps they figure they already have loyal customers, or maybe they think they are too small, or it could be that they don’t like the idea of newer technology. All of these are, to be blunt, excuses.
Loyal customers have to come from somewhere, and word of mouth is important, but internet marketing can bring in new customers that will eventually become loyal customers. No matter where you are or what you offer, you have competition. That may not have been the case a few years ago, but now that more and more people go online before making a purchasing decision, you could have competition on a global scale. By marketing your company online, you have the opportunity to be someone else’s competition–the opportunity to get new, loyal customers.
Even if you are a sole proprietor, you need to get the word out about your business, and the internet is an ideal way to do it. When compared to other forms of advertising, online marketing is incredibly affordable. There are free methods such as do-it-yourself search engine optimization, blogging and article marketing. These all take time, but you can always hire an outsourcer to do it for you. Paid methods include pay-per-click advertising, solo ads, and ad placement on other people’s websites.
Another big advantage is that even though you are doing local company internet marketing, you can reach the entire globe with your message. If you have the right product, then your profits can grow quickly as word spreads about you and your company.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to give up your small company feel. In fact, you can use it to your advantage in your marketing efforts. Generally speaking, people feel much better dealing with someone they feel they know, as opposed to a faceless corporation. This connection can bring you plenty of business, and the truth is that people are often willing to pay more if they sense a personal connection youre your company.
With all it has going for it, it’s easy to get past any hesitation about using internet marketing to promote your business.
Perhaps you are wondering if it’s really necessary to market your business online. The answer is yes, and it is becoming more and more important to the survival of all businesses. Whether you believe it or not, you have competition. Ignoring it, or insisting that you don’t need a website won’t make it go away. Take action and you will see for yourself just easy, effective and affordable local company internet marketing really is.
Keyword marketing is going to be one of the most important skills you will learn if you want to be successful online. As an online business owner, no matter what type of business you have online, your primary job will be to make sure that your website receives enough targeted traffic so you can make money.
Since not everyone who comes to your site is going to make a purchase (though you can increase this number by making sure your website is set up in such as way as to get a lot of conversions) so you need to get a lot of visitors.
Now “a lot” is kind of vague, I know. A lot for one online business may be 1,000 a month but a lot for another might be 20,000 a month. How many visitors you will need in order to make as much money as you want really depends on many factors such as how competitive your niche is, how well your website is laid out, how compelling your sales letter is, the price point of your product, etc.
After a short amount of time you will be able to pinpoint your conversion rates (the number of visitors who actually make a purchase from your site) and from that point on you can determine how much traffic you need to get every month.
In order to get the most out of all your keyword marketing efforts you should rely on several traffic methods. Most online marketing experts agree that you should have anywhere from 3 to 5 successful online traffic methods going at all times.
Now, one word of caution, don’t try to set up 3 – 5 methods of getting traffic all at the same time. If you do you will get overwhelmed. Instead focus on one method first, perfect it and then move on to find another method. Keep doing this until you have all the traffic you need to make all the sales you want to make.
Here are some of the most common methods you can use for keyword marketing and the pros and cons of each:
1. Article marketing. This is a process where you write (or hire someone to write) articles that are optimized with the keywords you’ve gotten for your niche. This method is free and easy to do, but on the downside, you will need a lot of articles in circulation to give you any real traffic.
2. Search Engine Optimization. This method is all about getting the search engines to “see” your website. By placing relevant, targeted keywords on your website in certain areas you will stand out to the search engines. This method is free and fairly easy in it’s simplest form, but it can get quite complicated if you want to go in depth.
3. Pay Per Click. This is the method where you place ads that will appear on the search results page. You’ve no doubt done a search and have seen the ads that appear at the top and down the side of the results page. These ads were paid for by other online marketers. As the name implies you will only pay if someone clicks on your ad.
The downside to this method is that it involves a fairly complicated method of bidding on keywords.
The amount you may have to pay for a particular keyword can vary due to many factors such as the quality score your ad has been given by the search engines. Yes, if it sounds confusing it is, and since you will be paying while you are learning this method of keyword marketing is better used by those that are already making some money online.