Tag: search results;
SEO (search engine optimization) is a term given to a variety of methods that are used to improve the placement of your website in the search engines. A large percentage of people find new websites through search engines, and they heavily favor the sites that appear at the top of the first page of results. The following tips for SEO success will help you get the most from your efforts.
1. Three words: Keywords! Keywords! Keywords! People use keywords when using the search engines, and the keywords you choose will make or break your site in the search engine results. Invest time selecting the best keywords and optimizing your site around them. You need to look at how many searches each keyword gets and see what kind of competition each has as well. There is no magic number or how many searches a keyword should get, so there will always be an element of guesswork involved, which brings us to the next o the tips or SEO success…
2. Test and track your SEO. The search engines use proprietary algorithms to determine where a site is positioned in the search engine results, and they protect these algorithms carefully. The best way to get around this is to test and track your SEO efforts to get an idea of what works and what doesn’t. It can take some time for changes to be reflected in the rankings, so be sure to give it some time before drawing conclusions. You also need to keep in mind that the results are dynamic because most of your competition will be doing SEO, too.
3. Linking the right way. There are a lot of myths about the best way to use links for SEO purposes. Massive link swaps are one example of a link building strategy that is no longer effective. However, you can get a boost by getting links from well-respected pages that are relevant to your website. If at all possible, be sure that the links to your site include the keywords you are trying to rank for. There is also on-site linking which covers all of the links on your site that link to other parts of your site. Generally speaking, you should have all of your pages interconnected and you should use keywords for those links.
4. Stagnation and SEO don’t mix. This is one of the most overlooked tips for SEO success. A lot of website owners think of SEO as something you do once when setting up your site, and then it somehow keeps working its magic. The reality is that you need to keep doing SEO on a regular basis for two reasons: one, the search engines are always changing their algorithms so you need to respond in kind; two, you have to assume that your competition will always be doing SEO and you don’t want to drop down in the results as they move up.
Making money online revolves around getting traffic to your site. Obviously, there are many other things you need to be able to do, but without traffic nothing else will work. You can’t test various versions of your sales page, for example, without enough traffic. One of the most popular methods to drive a lot of targeted traffic and to get it quickly, is using Adwords, and the best way to make sure you get the most out of it is to find a good adwords course.
For any of you who may not be familiar with what adwords is, it is a pay per click (PPC) model that allows advertisers to place ads on the pages of search results. These ads are keyword optimized and when someone clicks on the ad they will be taken to the website of the person who placed the ad.
As the name implies, the advertiser will only pay when someone clicks on their ad. This can be a great way to generate a lot of traffic to your website and since the people who see your ads are the people who are searching for the specific keyword you used when you placed the ad, you know that the visitors you get are really interested in your product or service. Or, put another way, the traffic is very targeted.
If all this sounds too good to be true, it’s because it is… in a way. You see adwords can work quite well but with so many advertisers all vying for the top spot for a certain keyword, it is also very competitive. Without the aid of a quality adwords course you can lose a lot of money very quickly.
One of the criteria that Google uses to determine whose ad gets placed the highest for the same keywords, is a bidding process. It really starts to get complicated though when you realize that the highest bidder may not necessarily win the top spot.
I know it sounds confusing, and it is, but Google likes to reward what they consider quality. That is why they will assign a quality score to all the ads. The ad for a certain keyword that has the highest quality score will show up the highest in the search results which means they will likely get more clicks. They will get this top spot even if they weren’t the highest bid for that keyword.
Another thing you need to understand is that if your ad doesn’t get a lot of clicks Google will assume it isn’t very relevant to your website and will give you a lower score. A lower score will mean your ad won’t rank as high for your chosen keyword… which means it won’t get as many clicks. See why this can be very difficult and complicated?
PPC can be a great way to get a lot of targeted traffic to your site. Once you get your campaigns dialed in you can get this traffic quickly. To dial in your campaigns as quickly as possible you really should consider buying a quality adwords course. Don’t make the process more expensive or difficult than it really needs to be.
Getting the most out of the free, organic, search results should be the goal of any online business owner. Hey, the traffic is free and ultra targeted, what more could you ask for? Finding and implementing the best seo strategies will depend mostly on your existing knowledge, if any, and your budget.
You know the saying: those that can’t do… hire. Well, maybe that’s not really the way it goes, but it works. If you don’t know much about seo and /or don’t have the time or inclination to learn, you can hire a company to do the work for you.
There are a lot of companies that specialize in this and many of them are quite reasonable in their pricing structure.
If you can’t afford to hire a company at this stage in the game, don’t worry, with a little knowledge and a few simple tweaks you can easily benefit from some basic seo and at least get your foot in the door.
Once you are making more money online you can invest in the knowledge, or hire someone, to take your seo efforts to the next level. For now, though, you can start here:
1. It all starts with your keyword list. Choosing the right keywords for your onsite seo has to be the first step, everything revolves around these keywords.
Make sure that you choose words, or phrases, that get at least one thousand searches a month and less than 20,000 competitors. They must also be closely targeted and highly relevant to the content of your website.
Search engines will either reward or penalize you on the relevance of your keywords, you don’t want to be penalized.
Once you’ve got your keywords focus on placing them in your meta tags, your headers and footers to start. This will grab the attention of the search engine spiders and they will move your site to the top of the rankings if they think it is highly relevant.
2. You can use a similar method to drive traffic to your website by writing and submitting quality, keyword focused articles. Now, this is the point when a lot of people make a mistake; they don’t write a quality informative article, instead they try to stuff as many keywords as possible into it until is is virtually all gibberish.
You won’t be rewarded for that, the search engines are too smart. Write your article around a keyword, but don’t write for the search engines, write for people.
If you supply your readers with genuinely helpful information, and optimize it with keywords, your article can get a top rating in the search engines and subsequently drive a lot of traffic to your website.
Don’t drive yourself into the poor house when you’re just starting out online by hiring an seo company that you can’t really afford. First, start making some money and then you can outsource much of your daily work. In the meantime, use these tips and utilize these seo strategies
to keep the traffic flowing and the cash register (virtual, of course) ringing.
You may want to learn to write to increase online traffic. Write articles, that is. Article marketing is huge and will definitely help you increase traffic to your website or blog. If you learn how to write a good article you can reap the benefits almost immediately.
What is a good article? A good article is one that people will enjoy reading and maybe even get a laugh from. Do not make the mistake of just trying to sell people on what you have to offer. They will think you are boring and will quit reading right in the middle of the article. They will not go to visit your website and you will miss out on a potential sale. This is not the outcome you were looking for, was it?
A better way is to write an article that is interesting and informative with maybe a little humor thrown in. People like to laugh and when you are the one making them laugh then they feel like they know you. If someone feels like they know you then they also probably feel like they can trust you and this is important when you are an online business owner. Your customers can’t see you so it is harder for you to get them to trust you. A good article can start to instill that trust and help increase online traffic.
Another way to tell whether or not you have a good article is to use good keywords in your article. The parameters for finding a good keyword to use in your article is to find a keyword that has at least 1500 searches in a month’s time along with a 20,000 competition. This is a great starting point. Others will give out different numbers but instead of confusing yourself even further then just use these numbers and figure out for yourself what works the best and what doesn’t.
The keywords you use in your articles will determine the ranking you get on the major search engines. You want to strive to be in the top ten search results. This is the very first page of search engine results. Did you know that the first five results get the most traffic? That’s right, the first five. So even if you get into the top ten you may still have your work cut out for you to make it to the top five.
After writing your article, then all you have to do is submit it to one of the many article directories. Make sure to follow the guidelines closely when submitting your article. You do not want to get booted from the directory. If you get booted it doesn’t matter if your article is the best one ever written, if it is not published then no one will be able to read it and you will be out all those potential customers.
Search engine keywords are the keywords you will use to attract the attention of the search engines to your website. This method of getting traffic, called search engine optimization (SEO) is a great way to propel your website to the top of search results.
If you’ve ever done a search for anything online, no matter which search engine you prefer to use, you know that you can often get thousands of pages of results.
More than likely you are like the majority of people online and rarely look at the results much past the first page or two.
If you want your website to get noticed it is definitely in your best interest to get your website at the top of the search results. If you can get your site to the top 3 or 4 spots on the first page of results you can get many visitors to your site for free.
This free traffic is called organic traffic. This is a great method of traffic generation. The trick to using
search engine keywords is to target just the right keywords.
As you can imagine, some keywords have much more competition than others. If you try to use a keyword that is getting a lot of searches in a very popular niche, you will be lucky if your site ends up on page 1,300,000 of the results.
To see what I mean, type in a broad, generic phrase like “weight loss” and see how many pages of results there are. Then take a look at the top 3 or 4 sites that show up. More than likely they will be sites that are run by large companies.
That is because these companies can afford to hire whole staffs to work on their seo efforts. They can also afford to pay money for pay per click campaigns, no matter how expensive the bid prices are for that keyword.
For most of us, that isn’t an option. So, you want to target longer keywords that still get a lot of searches but will have far less competition.
For this example, lets say that you target the keyword “best weight loss programs for women”. I know, it’s a mouthful, but a long tailed keyword like this will most likely still get a lot of searches every month but the competition will be much less.
Another great benefit to long tailed keywords is that they are more targeted keywords. For example, the keyword weight loss is very broad and generic. It could be targeted to pretty much anyone. But the long tailed keyword “best weight loss programs for women” is much more focused so the women who are looking for such a program are likely to buy one when they find it.
The long tailed keywords are more specific and that means they are usually “buying” keywords. This is great since you will have more sales if you target buying keywords.
As I’m sure you can see, picking out the best
search engine keywords is an important first step to online success. It doesn’t matter if you do it manually or use a software program, get a great list of keywords and the money will follow.